I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 21, 2011

2.21.11

Mark 5:36 But Jesus overheard them and said to Jarius, "Don't be afraid. Just have faith."

My Thoughts
Jarius had gone to Jesus to get Jesus to heal his dieing daughter.  They had come and told Jarius it was too late she had died.  and this was Jesus' reply "Don't be afraid.  Just have faith."  Jesus walked in and brought that little girl back to life. But Jarius had to do his part, Jarius had to have faith.  That is the only thing Jarius had to do... just have faith.  Jesus tells us that all we have to have is the faith the size of a mustard seed. (Matthew 17:20) That is a tiny bit of faith isn't it.  I find myself having faith that God can do anything... for anybody but me.  I think I feel this way sometimes because I know I have not always had faith in God.  So often our faith in people  has been so misplace that we forget that God does not act like people can act. Sometimes we feel that we have been so bad that God won't do for us what we know he will do for others.  The devil loves it when we believe that!  But Jesus tells us different. Jesus says that our faith can be as tiny as a mustard seed.  Jesus knows that if we have just a tiny bit of faith that when we see God in action in our lives that our faith will grow and get stronger and stronger.  Each day I find new ways that God has answered my prayers...the closer I get to God the more God  lets me know that He hears me.  And that tiny bit of faith that I have developed in God grows bigger and gets stronger.  Just yesterday at church I was praying, crying out to God.  Then this wonderful, bright ray of sunshine out our church came up and put her hands on me and began to pray for me... the words out of her mouth were exactly, exactly what I had been praying.  I knew, that I knew that I knew that God was hearing me.  God was hearing my words and God answers prayers.  Yesterday that tiny little seed I had sprouted a bit. One day because I have learned to reach out on faith, one day that seed that sprouted is going to be the biggest strongest tree in the land. For now I am really excited for its first leaves.  I don't have to be afraid, I just have to have faith!

No comments: