I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2.9.14

Matthew 25:29 To those who use well what they have been given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But for those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. 

My Thoughts
I was behind on my Bible reading. Not a good thing, I am resolved to do better. But what did happen as a result of that is that on the very next page in Exodus 28:3 I read this, "Instruct all the skilled craftsman whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom."  I loved reading these two verses in the same day. Now to work on just how to use what God has given me for Him. I know I need to use what God has given me for Him. I can just never figure out how. Then I thought of the lamp unto my feet and the light unto my path verse. My son taught me, from one of his history classes at Auburn, that the lights on a path did not light the whole area, they just made a guide light so you would know the direction. You then needed a lamp so you could see where your feet were stepping. The space between the lamp and the lights is unknown. You just know that you are going in the right direction. 

So from these three verses I have learned that I just  need to know what God ask of me. That is the lamp at my feet. The light is that what I am doing is for God. If God gave me the talent, and He did, then I am to use that gift from Him for Him. Trusting in God for this is making what I can make and waiting for God to tell me just what to do with it.  I always try to get ahead of the plan and get discouraged. Now God has put this in my mind in a way that helps me move forward. 

No comments: