I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2.18.14

Mark 2:27 Then Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of the people, and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath.

My Thoughts
One of the best things that I have learned over these last four years is that every thing that God ask us to do is for our good. It's not to have a way to be in charge or have rule over us. It is for our good... It is to keep us safe and healthy mentally and physically. 

I use to see all the things the Bible tells us to do as rules, something hard to do. Now I see them as gold nuggets that will make my life so much better. They are blessings that make our lives better. 

We should never, ever use God's laws aginst others. We should only use them as guidelines to help others. We should only use them with compassion  never with condemnation.  We should only see them as love, never feel condemned by them. God is telling us... If you do this your life will be so much better. 

Here is an  example of condemning someone with God law ... When I worked at K-Mart I often had to work on Sundays. So often, more often than you could imagine, someone comming straight from church, would make some remark about how I should not be working on Sundays. These people were not even well meaning... They were puffing themselves us. They would make me want to stay away from church. They were like the Pharassees puffing themselves up with God's laws.  

We can all do this with the "laws" that are easy for us to follow. We need to be careful of that. We need to ask ourselves... Am I  being compassionate  or am I being condemning? And adjust our attitude if we get the wrong answer. 

Several months back Robby and I read  scripture about the Sabbath. We decided then to rest on Sundays. Not to shop or spend money...to stay all settled in. It has been an adjustment. There has been a couple of times we have needed to spend money on Sunday.. One time Robby needed to fix something on John-Roberts's car before he headed back home. But we have learned to get what we might need on Saturday...like gas for the car! Or anything we might need for a project we want to do. We find ourselves getting nuch more rest on Sundays. Recharging our bodies and minds. Sitting in a room together and having long much cherished conversations. It has been so good for us. Lately we have been a bit too busy, if we had not started our Sunday's at home we might not have made it through the last couple of months as well. 

God's blessings are in His laws for us.  This rambling of understand I was doing made me look up the definition of  law... I loved it...it was number two....a statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present. This definition of law is what God's laws are... Statements of facts. They are not rules of a governing authority... But facts about the conditions of our lives when we choose to do certain things. God is saying, "It is a fact that if you do this your life will be better and it is a fact if you don't do this your life will be better."  I love seeing God's laws as facts of life that I need to know for a better life. 

No comments: