I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 1, 2014

2.1.14

Exodus 15:9-10 "The enemy boasted, 'I will chase them and catch up with them and consume them I will flash my sword; my powerful hand will destroy them.' But you blew your breath, and the sea covered them, they sank like lead in the mighty waters. 

My Thoughts
Wow! I love this! Things looked impossible.... The enemy looked  stronger, bolder, bigger! Yet  all God had to do was blow His breath!   Years later when David was king he would remind the people of all that God had done when the Israelites left Egypt ... The reminder helped to strengthen them. We need to keep these stories in our heads too. To remind us of how situations in our lives that seem impossible to us are easy, easy for God. When we put these remembrances in our hearts it makes us more aware to call on God. These verses were in a song that was written to serve as a reminder of God's greatness, a reminder of what God had done and of what God could do. I am sure if we know this song from our Bibles that it was sang over and over and over as a reminder to those very people, to their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. And if we put this in our hearts it will be a reminder to is too. A reminder that our problems, our battles that are too big for is are as simple as blowing out a candle for God. 

No comments: