I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 8, 2014

2.8.14

Exodus 22:28 You must not dishonor God or curse any of your rulers. 

My Thoughts
I find this interesting that God put these two things in the same sentence. I think it was to show how strongly He felt about the statement.  Ruler is defined as a person who rules or commands. I thought of our president, or congress and senate, then there are governors, and mayors. These are people that we chose, that we choose to lead us. To rule over us. Then there are our bosses at work who command the work place  and our pastors who rule over our churches. Then in families,  the Bible tells us that man is the head of the household. 

To honor God is seems to me that we must not curse these people. We curse someone when we speek badly of them. We, in America, have an oppertunity to vote out the leaders of our land, but in the mean time we need to only speek good into their lives according to God's word. We, in America can choose different jobs if we don't like the leaders there. but in the mean time we should only speak good of our bosses. We can choose a different Church, but until we do we should only speek good of our pastors. And imagine what good men the men of America would be if we as wives only spoke good of our husbands. 

Amazing things happen when we choose to bless people with our words instead of curse people with them... They start living up to those blessings. And good things begin to happen in our lives as well, our words please God. Our words line up with God's will and when that happens God is able to protect us. God softened the hearts of Kings, He can soften the hearts of presidents, congressmen, senators, governors, pastors, bosses, husbands. When we choose to please God, God protects us. But when we choose to live outside the will of God by grumbling and complaining, cursing the people who are rulers in our lives we tie God's hands of protection. 

Is our Government getting worse or are the words of  Christians beginning to sound too much like the world? We can not expect a better government by cursing the government we have. We will only have a better government by choosing blessing to come from our mouths. We can change things by changing our words...we change our words and God  will make sure the hearts of our leaders are in the right place. 

No comments: