I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 3, 2014

2.3.14

Exodus 16:17-18 So the people of Israel did as they were told. Some gathered a lot and some only a little. But when they measured it out everyone had just enough. Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over, and those who gathered only a little had enough. Each family had just what they needed. 

My Thoughts
I loved this when I read it! I read it to Robby talked about it  for a while. We realized that there was a time on our lives when we talked at length about how we seemed to work as hard as other people and yet they seemed to have more...how could that happen?  Then we realized that it had been a very, very long time since we had had that conversation. That now we so often talked about all that God does for us, provides us with. All along God gave us just enough, never to much, never too little. The times we didn't seem to have enough ... Were when we had not depended on God and spent before we saved. When we were in such a hurry to have something before God was ready for us to have it. Then we would struggle a while... Because we had not depended on God. Now as we are learning to walk closer to God, live in what he teaches... We always, always have what we need. These verses made me totally aware of how God gives me just what I need. It made me aware that if there is something that I can't have that I think I need... I need to step back and look, be honest with myself, talk to God. Assess where my thinking is wrong... See if I have gotten ahead of God.... because God always provides for me....just enough. 

No comments: