I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 31, 2014

8.31.14

Proverbs 22:13 The lazy person claims, "There's a lion out there! If I go outside, I might be killed!"

My Thoughts
I always saw this verse before as lazy people making excuses. But today I saw it differently.  I saw it as a warning. A warning that if we do not keep busy Satan will have a chance for an open season with our thoughts. When he has such an opportunity he will use that chance to cripple our lives with fear. A fear so big that even the people around us have to use their time and talents to take care of us. If Satan can cripple one person in a family with fear, he can make the whole family less effective in reaching others for God. When we keep our hands and feet busy doing what God ask of us, Satan's opportunities to make his thoughts our own, he has less chance of taking over out lives and making ineffective for God. 

No comments: