I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 29, 2014

8.29.14

Proverbs 22:7 Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is a slave to the lender.

My Thoughts
Robby read this verse yesterday, I had to catch up today. He said this verse brought to his mind Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. 

Then today I read this verse in my Bible reading and I couldn't help but think how right Robby was to connect the two verses. If we get so caught up in debt we so often feel that we can't do what God has called us to do. Husbands are called to provide for their families, but also to be the head of their families. If we get too in debt then dads, husbands are too busy working to pay the bills to be at home to be the head of the household. If God calls us to the mission field and we are in debt we may feel there is no way we can go. But if we have not put ourselves in debt, and we have equity in our homes there would be no problem in changing our loves and doing what God ask. 

How often do we choose to put something on credit because the would says that we "need" this or that to be "normal?" How often wood we put ourselves in debt so that we can look like the world? How often are we so busy looking like the world that we forget to ask God if He approves of our purchase?  You know I have asked God to please let me have something that I wanted. But I have never asked God, "do I need to buy this?" Shame on me! How different would my personal world look if I had been asking that question all along? 

We have been very blessed to be on the Dave Ramsey plan for the last 17 years, but we have been married 33 years. What would our lives look like now if each time we had just asked ?God first befor we spent money?  If God blesses us when we tithe, and he does..... if God blesses us when we stay out of debt, and He does......how much more would he bless us of we just asked befor we opened our wallets? 

I so love when God's word gives me something to think about, something that will improve my life on a daily basis. What a blessing it is that words written so very long ago can be life so changing today! 

No comments: