I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 19, 2014

8.19.14

1 Corinthians 12:22 In fact, some parts of the body that seam the weakest and least important are actually the most necessary.

My Thoughts
This tells me that everything we do for God matters! Everything! And that when we do something so tiny, thinking of God, it may be that very thing that makes the biggest difference in somebody's life. We should never, ever, ever think that anything we do for God is too little to even count.

Recently, as I was being very aware to be thankful to God for the things in my day, I became overwhelmed by the little thing God does for me. I thought about how busy God is, about all that he stakes care of, yet he takes time to do the tiniest things for me. I was overwhelmed at that moment at just how much God loves me. That our awesome, mighty God would care to make sure I got a smile or a hug. That God would care that I got a close park when I was in a bit of a hurry. Yet He does! 

A few years ago when I finally grasp the verse "Every good and perfect gift comes from  God" James 1:17.  It actually took my breath away! I thought of how a smile from a stranger can come at just the right time to change your day, and how that very smile was .god smiling down at me from Heaven through a stranger. We are so blessed when we cover ourselves with a blanket to get warm. That very blanket that keeps us warm and snuggled in, is a gift from God. A soft pillow on which we lay our heads at night is a gift straight from  God. My husband reaching over to hold my hand in the quiet of the night, on his sound sleep is a Gift from God. 

So often we feel we need to do great things for God, and if we can't, we give up and don't try at all. But the truth is it is the little things that can change a life. And how dare us not take the time to do one of those little things. We never know when just a smile or a touch on someone's shoulder makes all the difference. 

My mother has been gone from this earth for three years and four months. There is not one big thing I miss about her, it is the seemingly little things. A phone call, her voice. How her eyes twinkled when she smiled. How her laugh sounded. How her tiny hand felt in mine. There is not one big present I remember her giving me, but I do remember receiving in the mail a picture out of a magazine, or a cartoon clip, with a simple "love, Mother" written on a tine slip of paper attached to the note. 

My children could probably not tell you the big things Santa brought. But I am sure when they see those number puzzles, or a top you spin. When they see one of those small kaleidoscopes ... They will remember Christmas mornings. 

All good things come from God. And when we take the time to thank God for all the good things in our day,  big and small, we can start to notice how the little things mean the most. And the more we are aware of this fact, the more aware we will be to be kind in even the smallest of ways. Because we will know that the smallest things matter the most. 

No comments: