I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, August 30, 2014

8.30.14

2 Corinthians 4:7-8 We now have this light shinning in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.  We are perplexed, but not driven by despair. 

My Thoughts
My immediate visual of these two verses together was a full milk carton. If the carton is full you can't crush it, but if it is empty and you press it on all sides it will collapse. It might give a little when pressed but the liquid inside keeps the carton from collapsing. 

We are like that carton, if our soul is empty of God, stresses of this world can crush us. But if we are full of the Holy Spirit we are able to stand strong. Not because we are strong, but because God is strong and we are filled with His Spirit.  When we feel like we are not strong  enough for the problems facing us, we need to take the lid off and fill ourselves back up with God's word. His word is who He is and it is powerful, it builds us up. 

God even tells us He will fill us overflowing. If you think of this added to the picture of the carton of milk...if the liquid is overflowing over onto the floor around us it will trip evil up before it even gets to is to try and crush us. I just love that thought. 

No comments: