I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 3, 2011

2.3.11

Matthew 22:39  39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

My Thoughts
This verse is as important as loving God with all our heart, soul and mind.  If we could just put this in practice. So often our selfishness gets so in the way of doing this.... It gets in the way in our families so you know it gets in the way with everybody else.  Yet if we treated people completely, totally like we want  to be treated...then if the people around us treated us like they want to be treated, every body's needs would be met.  We are bad not to even treat our spouses like we want to be treated.  I don't want Robby taking his bad day out on me... but I sometimes find myself taking my bad day out on him... just be being in a mood. I don't want Robby being so self absorbed that he doesn't hear me when I talk... but I get that self absorbed. We do things like give the poor our old coats... but we want a new coat... in fact we will give the poor a oldest coat when we have three or four newish coats in our closet.  Would you want to ware some body's old coat? You might be thankful to be warm in that situation. But let's be honest with ourselves wouldn't it be more loving to buy a person in need a new coat when we go and buy ourselves a new coat... We love ourselves so much that we go and buy ourselves a coat we don't even "need" one. Then we pat ourselves on the back when we give our old coat away.  How many times do we wish a store clerk had just smiled at us?...Did we smile at them?... How many times do we want our spouse to give us their undivided attention for just five minutes... do we give the five minutes of our undivided attention?   When we have those thoughts of wishing somebody would help us with something, we need to stop right then and say "How can I help somebody today?" Then we need to act on that thought.  If we would like it if somebody at work would fix a new pot of coffee when they take the last cup,  we need to make sure we are fixing a new pot of coffee when we  take the last cup.  So often we make this verse about doing something big.  But isn't love about doing all those little thing.  Isn't it the little things that get you through most days.  We need to start today watching out for little things we can do for other people, a smile, a kind word, a cup of coffee, taking them a plate of food.  Buying something new for somebody else instead of ourselves sometimes. Visiting sick people in the hospital. We need to ask ourselves what would I want somebody to do for me if I were in that situation?  Then we need to act on the answer we hear in our heart.






No comments: