I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2.16.11

Mark 2:5 Seeing their faith Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven."

My Thoughts
I love this definition of faith : belief that is not based on proof. Jesus knows our heart... Jesus knows when we ask in faith.  Jesus knows when we are asking as a test and when we are asking because we have faith.  God wants us to have faith that he will take care of us. So many times we want a sign from God before we go into a situation that feels too big for us to handle.  We say "God I will do this if you will give me a sign that I can"...that is not faith.  God wants us to believe in him so much that we say "God I know that I can do this with your help."  Faith is not giving something to God and then taking it back. Faith is giving something to God and believing, without proof, that what you gave to God will be taken care of.  So often we give things to God and when we don't see instant results we take it right back to worry over.  God wants us to have enough faith the we give our troubles to Him because we know that God will take care of our troubles.  When we are able to have that kind of faith we get to enjoy the peace that God promises us.  God wants us to give our abilities to Him to... when we give our abilities to God, when we have faith that God will make the most of our abilities there is no limit to the possibilities. 

The man in this story couldn't walk and his faith made him able in what Jesus could do made him able to walk. Just think what we could do with what we have if we put our abilities in God's hands and had faith that He would take those abilities and use them. Oh imagine the possibilities of giving everything to God in faith.

No comments: