I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 12, 2011

2.12.11

Proverbs 9:4-6 “Come in with me,” Wisdom urges the simple. To those who lack good judgment, she says,  “Come, eat my food, and drink the wine I have mixed.  Leave your simple ways behind, and begin to live; learn to use good judgment.”

My Thoughts
In this passage we are taught that we can't live our lives to the fullest unless we learn.  We need to learn all that God has to teach us!... Not only do we need to learn from the Bible, we need to learn from people wiser than us.  We need to listen to those who have gone before us, no matter who they are if they are older than us they have something to teach us.  We need to learn to be better and better at the gifts that God has given us. We don't have to be good at everything...be we do need to strive to be the best that we can be at the things that we can do.  When God gives us a gift of understand about something the only limit to our ability is what we don't take time to learn.   We need to do things each day to better ourselves... we are to learn and use good judgment...this is the best way to get the most of our lives... to live every moment to be the best we can be! Don't we love it when we give somebody something and we see them using it!... Don't you know that God loves to see us use the gifts he has given us!


No comments: