I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 7, 2011

1.7.11

Matthew 25:29-30 29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who are unfaithful, even what little they have will be taken away. 30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

My Thoughts
We need to be really careful to remember that ALL we have is a gift from God...that everything we are able to do ...that all the money and possessions we have are gifts... special gifts.  We can use these gifts to serve God and the people around us... we can use these gifts wisely... treat them like the treasures they are and God will bless us with more.  I have a friend that opened a coffee shop... and she is very blessed with the knowledge that that coffee shop is a gift from God... she uses her gift as an opportunity to let people know how much God loves them...and God just blesses that coffee shop over and over... is that coffee shop always easy? No... is that coffee shop a lot of work? Yes... does it sometime bring on stress? of course!  Is that coffee shop a blessing to my friend, to her life? Yes... and it continues to do well because my friend uses her gift wisely, she uses it to serve God.  Now, how can I use my gifts to serve God?? How can you use your gifts to serve God?? 

No comments: