I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 19, 2011

2.19.11

Psalms 37:23-24 The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.

My Thoughts
I remember one time Robby and I were at an event... in the middle of a huge crowd as we were leaving I tripped on a speed breaker... Robby reached down and picked me up and never missed a step.  I didn't even have time to feel the pain in my hands and knees until we reached the car and by then I am sure I was hurting less than I was when I first fell.  Robby directed my steps that day because he didn't want me to get trampled on... because he loved me! Every time I read this verse I think of that day Robby saved me from being underneath the feet of other people and I think that is how God is. We may fall and even hit the ground but God pick us up so quickly that our pain is minimal compared to what it would be if we hadn't had God there holding our hand.  When God is in our lives and we allow him to  hold our hand there are no telling how many times he picks us up before we hit the ground when we didn't even know we were headed for a fall.  When we hear to that still small voice inside us we should listen and not reason our way out of what we hear.  God always knows even when it doesn't make sense to us at the moment. 










No comments: