I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 5, 2014

John 4:36 The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!

My Thoughts
We get our minds so focused, as Christians, on how to be a harvester. Which is so important. But there can not be a harvest where a seed has not been planted. It takes many people to win souls to Christ and we each play a part. Each part is equally important, so important that Jesus promises us joy for being a planter or a harvester. As a harvester we get to see the fruits of our labor, so often as planter we have no idea that we have produced anything. 

Then comes the question, "How do we plant seeds that produce a good harvest?" The answer is love. Letting the love of Christ shine through out words and actions. By sharing our stories of how God loves us. By living a life rooted in God so deep that we walk in joy, so that people that see us what what we have. By living with integrity so that people know that they can trust us and what we say. 

How do we plant the seeds of God's love in our everyday lives? With a smile, a kind word, a soft touch that says, "I care!" We do it by listening, by meeting the needs of others. We do it by showing forgiveness in unforgivable circumstances. We do it by quietly, softly sharing what God does for us each and every day, by acknowledging His hand in all the good that is in our lives. 

When we live as planters, then sometimes we will get to be the person that harvest yet another soul for  God. But if we are never planting, because we are so focused in being a harvester, there will be nobody ripe and ready for the harvesting. 

Go out into the world today determined to plant the wonderful seeds of God's love in the lives of others! 

No comments: