I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, May 2, 2014

5.2.14

Psalm 102:26-28 They will perish, but you (God) will remain forever; they will wear out like old clothing. You will change them like a garment and discard them. But you are always the same; you will love forever. The children of your people will live in security. Their children's children will thrive in your presence.

My Thoughts
I felt a bit alone in the world when my mamma died, I often think of how that I don't want my children to feel alone, I don't want to leave them alone one day. God gave me such strength during that time, I can't imagine not having God and getting through the loss of a parent. The best thing I can leave my children, that will impact my grandchildren as well, is to love God. To express how much  God loves me, and them. To teach each them by example about what God can so in our lives. So that they can learn to see God working in their lives, learn to know Him, learn that He is ever present.

We work so hard at giving our children what the world says they need, what the doctor says they need, what other parents say they need, what the magazines say they need. We work at making sure that they have what their friends have because they "need" to fit in. We get exhausted from meting all those needs then we stay home on Sundays. We miss out on the opportunity to teach them about .god who is the one who can meet all their needs. The One that can be there for them in the places where we can, when we are no longer here.  Only God can be the constant generation after generation. 

No comments: