I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 19, 2014

5.19.14

1 Samuel 24:5-7 But then David's conscience began bothering him because he had cut off Saul's robe. "The lord knows I shouldn't have done that to my lord the king," he said to his men. "The Lord forbid that I should do this to my lord the king and attack the Lord's anointed one, for The Lord himself has chosen him." So David restrained his men and did not let them kill Saul.

My Thoughts
When I read this it brought Romans 13:1 to my remembrance, which says this, " Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God." David knew this, David knew that God puts people in power.  David's men had wanted him to kill Saul, David had only cut off a piece of Saul's robe and David knew that even that small act was wrong, David knew he needed to ask .god for forgiveness. 

We need to be very aware of this story and of Romans 13:1, it is God who puts people in power. Whether it is our president or our bosses at work. We need to honor the choice God has made and treat these people as God's anointed. Sometimes they may not see the anointed in them, but God has a plan and a purpose that we may never know and we are to respect that God knows. We are to respect the authority that God has placed above us.

I am often shocked and surprised at the people that post words and posters online agains our president. People that I know have read these very words... Every time it hurts my heart. I have been guilty myself, but once I read these words I knew that I must not make that mistake again. I have to guard my heart closely to make sure that I am very careful when I am frustrated. But I must, we must guard our hearts, our words and our post. We must remember God is in charge and we must respect that. 

I could not help but think that if we, all Americans stopped and prayed for our president, for our government what a difference those prayers would make. Prayers change things, prayers changes live vets for the better.  Grumbling and complaining, well that just puts off the blessings that God has waiting to pour out on us. Actually when we grumble and complain not only are we doing that against God, we are making the situation we are complaining about last longer. Our grumbling drags out our misery. Prayers on the other hand move things forward in the most perfect way, prayers put God into action and God knows what is best for all of us.

I challenge you that next time you are even tempted to grumble or complain about our government, that instead you send up a prayer. Be aware of how that one action changed you and how you feel in that moment. Then know that God did that to your heart, God brought on that peace. And of God can change your moment in such an amazing way, He can change the hearts of our leaders. 

No comments: