I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 22, 2014

5.22.14

Proverbs 15:28  The heart of the Godly thinks carefully before speaking, the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words. 

My Thoughts
This one is hard, it says in James 3: 8-10 but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. 10 And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! 

We like to read this and think evil as Charles Manson evil...but evil is as simple as they out it in the Disney Movie Bambi... "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin at all." How often do we say something  as we are thinking, "I really shouldn't say this!" Then we just keep talking. The minute we do that we cross over into evil. It is a hard truth but one that if we learn it can save us so much grief and others in our lives so much pain. Sometimes it's those little hurts that can be the hardest to let go of.  And when we speak before we think we can never pull those words back in. They are out there forever. 

God's word not only tells u not to speak evil, it tells us what we should speak in Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  So this should be our check list for what we say... Is this wholesome, is it helpful, will it build up my family or my friend or even people that are not in my favorite list, will it benefit the person I am talking to? 

Oh what a quiet world we would live in if we all just strived to be an Ephesians 4:29 person! My world, my mouth...it can be a bit quit-er. I thin I will put this verse in an index card and carry it with me! 


No comments: