I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 26, 2013

11.26.13

Daniel 3:16-18 & 26 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, "Oh Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us.  He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.  But even if he doesn't, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."  26. So Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stepped our of the fire.

My Thoughts
Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego loved God so much that even if He didn't save them it was okay, they would serve Him no matter what! Then God did save them. Today I was really struck by these words. I had prayed to be healed for several years before God healed me... but just a few weeks before I was healed we had had a discussion at church.  I said that night and meant it with all my heart, "Even if God never heals me that is okay.  I know that He can but if He chooses not to I am going to be fine because I know that He loves me. He has brought me through so much already."  I believe that me getting to that point was key in my healing.  When we truly love God with all our heart, His blessings fall down on us! We must love God even if He never chooses to do anything here on earth for us.  We must get to the point that we trust God to take care of us in Heaven no matter what we see before us on earth.  What I choose to do for God needs to be out of my love for Him, not out of what I think He will do for me in return.  What He chooses to do for me is just extra... His love for me and my love for Him is what is important.  Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego knew God could save them and loved God even if He chose not to.  

No comments: