I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 15, 2013

11.15.13

Proverbs 27:20 Just as Death and Destruction are never satisfied, so human desire is never satisfied. 

My Thoughts
I read this and it took my breath away.  It was like a big wind that engulfed me with truth.  I thought about how we, as humans, always want, want, want.  I often see people go shopping  get home and feel a great let down! Then they need a new shopping trip.  A moment of purchase feels good...then we need another moment of purchase.  Lucky for me I am not much of a shopper... But, I can make a pretty necklace and love it...then it is not pretty enough and I feel the need to make another one.  It seems I loose interest in a craft when I get as good as I am going to get.  I keep wanting to be better.  And when I get at my best I find something else new to do. And I do love all the gadgets that go with each new craft.  I like knowing how, maybe more than the craft... I like learning to use new things. When I save money, I have a goal in mind...then I reach that goal...and I set another one...because that amount that once seemed big... doesn't seem quiet so big anymore.  Why? Because all of those things are human desires. The list can go on and on... and it is different for each of us.  But the fact is no matter what it is... a lower golf score, a higher bowling score... when we seek after human desires we are going to keep needing more and more and more.  We can't seem to step back and say, "Okay this is enough, I am letting this get out of hand."

What I am learning in my walk with God is that what He gives me has a lasting effect.  I don't need more... what God gives me is always enough and it feels so perfectly good it fits just right. When God feels me with joy, it feels me completely, when God feels me with peace, it feels me completely.  It never gets old or goes out of style.  When I bask in what God provides for me it feels just right and I am content so completely content.

Is it bad to shop? To do crafts? To enjoy golf or bowling? Is it bad to save money? NO! Not when we use it for good and in right measure...but when we use it to fill up something that is missing, then we will never fill full ... we will never understand pressed down, shaken together and overflowing because we will be chasing the next fix.  When we seek after God, He fills us overflowing... pressed down, shaken together overflowing!!  Then when we go shopping we can stop and what we need, when so do a craft we can use it to love others, when we golf and bowl we can share in friendships without such need attached to it.  God put a place of desire in our souls... we are constantly trying to fill it up with things of this world... but it can only be filled with God things.

I picture it like a sifter... the things of the world are sand size...and the things of God are bolder size...when we put the things of the world in that sifter... it just all falls through and we are left in need... but when we put God things in that sifter it fills up completely.  We are never going to complete the task of filling up the sifter no matter how hard we try, if we put worldly things in it all the time.

The wonderful thing about God is that when we seek after Him, all else is added, but added in just the right amount to create balance in our lives.  

No comments: