I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10.28.14

Psalm 100:3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people the Sheep of his pasture. 

My Thoughts
"We are his people the sheep of his pasture!" Don't you just love that line! When I read this I could not help but imagine just how perfect, safe, beautiful, far reaching God's pasture must be. How full of angels to help keep us safe. I couldn't help but think how fast God puts us back on our feet if we fall down. And how He goes out to find us if we are lost searching until He brings us back home. 

Then I thought of the stark contrast the pasture that Satan is over. Full of traps, grass that looks green but makes you sick. I thought of how Satan can't wait for us to fall down so he can stand over us and laugh. And if we get lost he could care less. His only interest in us is to keep us away from God.

We so have to learn to trust God, to quit relying on what our eyes see. Wanting what looks good. I can just see Satan spray painting the dry grass right outside God's pasture where the grass needs to grow. Luring us over to what looks like green pasture, just as God calls and tells us that we have to move over to the other side of His pasture. We are all full and ready for the travel to lush, green pasture planted and cared for just for us. But we want one more bite and we get pulled to the other side, the place that looks easiest, only to be fooled. But you know what? God always comes to find His lost sheep. I can picture Him overjoyed, taking us in his arms and saying, "There you are! I told you you need to be so careful. Listen to me sweet child so I can keep you safe. I love you always. Let's go get you clean, and full, so you can rest safely by me." 

No comments: