I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 3, 2014

10.3.14

Philippians 4:8 Now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts in what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 

My Thoughts
As I think about this verse I think how when I have gotten upset and stayed that way, I was not thinking on any of these things. I was thinking on just the opposite of these things. And I am reminded too of how I can be in the grips of despair and something wonderful happen and life can turn around in a second in time. All because of what I was thinking on. 

Sometimes in life, things happen where it seems impossible to find anything true and honorable and right and pure. But if we aren't looking because we are so very focused on all that is bad or hurtful we will stay so lost in the despair we will miss out on blessings that abound in our lives. How do we do this on times of trouble and pain? That is where God's amazing grace comes in.

How do we think on the good? We ask God. I am reminded of the father in Mark 9 who ask Jesus to heal his child. Jesus ask this man if he believes, and the man says yes, but help my unbelief. This father didn't want anything, any tiny bit of doubt to stand between him and the miracle of Jesus in his daughters life. In the same way we can say to God please help me to thin on things that are true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Things that are worthy of Your praise. And God will help us! We can say out loud, get behind me Satan, I will only think on what is good! 

And if the only good we can think on for a while is that we are to think on what is good. Well then that is good enough to bring the presence of God upon us. It is just what will change the gears in our brains to move in the right direction. It is enough to stop us from feeding the ugly things in life and making them grow bigger and bigger and bigger. And in time sometimes minutes sometimes a couple of day, good thoughts will start growing. They will grow because those are the thoughts we watered. They will grow because God honors our efforts! They will grow because God is good, because God is love, because God is bigger and we have invited Him in to fight the battles in our minds! 

No comments: