I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9.9.14

Isaiah 2:8 Their land is full of idols; the people worship things they have made with their own hands.

My Thoughts
I saw this and decided to look up the definition for worship to truly put it in to context in my brain. Worship  noun. 1the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. "the worship of God". But to put this in context of worship of man mad things it would say, the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration of an object.  Thinking of this took my breath away! 

God was upset at the Israelites for worship of things they made with their hands. I could not help but think of how we take drives through nice neighborhoods to admire beautiful homes. How we stand in line for hours and hours to be the first to get the next new gadget. How we think we need the best of clothes and all the accessories. I thought of Black Friday shopping and how we must look to God as we grab, grab, grab. Then I thought of how much simpler our lives would be if all we adored, if all we worshiped was God. 

Our homes would look so different and be so much simpler, there would be so much left over to help our neighbors with. Families would work less hours and spend more quality time with each other. We would be so much more able to focus on God and on people.  We would live in love instead of living in want. Life would be so much less stressful. 

When we have reverence and adoration for God alone, God will supply all our other needs. To think of  worship in these terms really changes things. So often we think of worship is sending up praise and falling on our knees. And if we only think of worship in this way we can walk around fooling ourselves. But when we thin of it in the words of reverence and adoration I think we are all in a bit of trouble. I know that I am. 

This revelation hurts my heart. It brings tears to my eyes. Dear God please, please forgive me for not making a better effort to understand. Help me to revere and adore only you in this world where worship of everything is promoted in such large ways. Make me strong in you dear God. I am so sorry. I love you dear, dear God. In Jesus name. 


No comments: