I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9.16.14

Galatians 3:6 In the same way,  "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because if his faith." 

My Thoughts
This phrase is in the bible several times. Today in my reading it was talking about putting our trust in Jesus not in our works. But today as my Bible lay open beside me, I looked down and saw this verse all alone and was overwhelmed with how far our trust in God can take something.

God asked Abraham to take Isaac to the mountains and sacrifice him. God knew that this very act would further the Kingdom of God. And Abraham trusted that because God said so. But even in Abrahams wildest dreams he could not have imagined that this one act of total trust in God would touch the hearts of people hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years later. How many lives would have been different without Abrahams faith in God? We have no idea! 

But we also have no idea how many lives will be different because of our faith in God. We don't know who we touch with our examples of what God has done done for us. We have no idea how far our God stories go long after we share them. One day I will sit my granddaughter Ripley on my lap and read her a Bible story...and as I am I will say to her,  "My MawMaw, your great, great grandmother use to hold me in her lap and read me Bible stories. Just like I am holding you in my lap reading you Bible stories today."  Look how many generations away that one act will travel. And Ripley may one day say, "My Nana use to read me Bible stories, and her MawMaw, your great, great, great, great grandmother use to read her bible stories like I am reading to you."  That is just a simple act and look how many lives it touches. Not to count the other grandchildren I will have and they will have. Or the others my grandmother had and their grandchildren.  And that is a simple act nothing near as bold and as what Abraham did. 

In other words, what we do matters! It travels long past a place where our names are even remembered. Our stories of how God has touched our lives changes lives we will never know. But those stories can never change lives if we fail to share them. 

We share so many words in our days. We should never ever go a day without using our words to share something God has done for us. That one moment of sharing could make all the difference in a life somewhere. And though we may never know, God will. 

No comments: