I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 6, 2014

5.6.14

Psalm 50:23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God. 

My Thoughts
Robby and I talked about this this morning, how giving thanks was a sacrifice. Then he went to work outside and I thought in it some more. 

One thing Robby said what that paying attention enough to be in a state of thankfulness was giving up yourself and letting God increase in your life. That we were sacrificing who we were to be who we were intended to be. A person more like God every day. 

Then one of the things I thought of is how when times are hard, we can get so lost in ourselves. In our pain, in our hurt, in our life situation and how it is effecting us, that we can not even see past our own nose. We have no idea what there even is to be thankful for. At those moments it is so hard to see outside ourselves that there are things to be thankful for. It can take every bit of our concentration and energy to find something to be thankful for. We must sacrifice our moments of complete selfishness to see what God has done in our lives to be able to be thankful. It can be very had to do at times. 

Then there is the next line in the verse, "If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God." To me this says that God honors us when we honor Him. A definition of salvation is preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss.... If we keep our hearts on God, if we walk in thankfulness, God will deliver is from harm and ruin, from loss. He will honor us if we walk in thankfulness to him. 

How can we accomplish this in our days? One example I can think of is if we get frustrated in traffic, instead of thinking angry, selfish thoughts.....instead of getting completely lost in them we can think of things in that very moment to be thankful for. Like the fact we have a car to drive, that we have a place we want to be, that we have a job we are about to be late to. We can thank God that He might be protecting us by delaying us.

 Thankfulness ..a sacrifice of our emotions and our thoughts, a way of keeping our hearts focused on God instead of ourselves and our situation. 

No comments: