I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 14, 2014

9.15.14

Galatians 1:10 Obviously I am not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

My Thoughts
You would think for a people pleaser like myself that this would make my life harder. And sometimes it can make life a little bit harder. But for me it eased my burdens! It narrowed my choices. It made life so much easier when the people around me  expect different things. I just have to ask myself will saying yes to this please God? Sometimes I ask myself, "If I commit myself to this now, will it cause me to sin later?" 

That second question may be a bit confusing. But I use it in those times I am asked to commit to something that I know will stress me out. I ask will my thoughts and feeling about this project be good and kind as I get to the end?" It the answer is NO! I say no. If the answer is, this could get stressful but I can handle all that comes with it." Then I say yes. You have no idea how much this has helped me. This has freed my life up in amazing ways. And it has helped me learn that people still love me even when I have to choose to tell them no. 

I find it amazing at how loving and honoring God can simplify out lives so. Yes sometimes it makes life a bit harder in the inset of the change. But as I continue to choose what God would have me choose life just gets better and better and better. 

The more I choose to please .god over people, the more I have past successes to draw from. Successes that tell me that God is bigger, God is stronger, god will make me able when I choose to follow Him. 

No comments: