I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, June 22, 2014

6:22:14

Proverbs 17:19b Anyone who trust in high walls invites disaster. 

My Thoughts
This verse speaks volume! It is the confirmation of a truth God gave me just yesterday. When you read it and put it in the context of the Old Testament then you think if old cities with walls around them and you move on. But the Bible gives us truths for today.  

First the purpose of a high wall is to protect ourselves from future attacks that have not even happened yet. How do we do thins in our lives? First we choose to build a wall, a callous on our heart to make it tough enough to withstand a future attack. Sometimes we do this based in our past experience with another person, sometimes based on what we have lived through in our past. We project onto the future a hurt an offense is going to take place. We play it out in our minds to be prepared. We actually work up a hurt that might happen in our hearts, so that it won't hurt so much when and IF it happens.  When we do that it changes everything. It invites disaster! We walk into our next meeting less loving and friendly, we give Satan the exact ammunition he needs to destroy our next meeting. 

What we are doing is relying on callouses of the heart to protect us when we should be relying on God to protect us. Relying on God to be at our side even if things don't go quiet right.  So often we act like the child of an alcoholic, or a child of abuse. So often we are acting like a person that has been so hurt in the past. When what we need to be doing is acting like a child of the most high God. Expecting, knowing God is in control. Trusting God to prepare our hearts to act and react in love. Trusting that even if we do get hurt, that God is the almighty and can heal any broken heart if we let him. 

So next time I find myself projecting into the future it is my signal to ask myself, "Am I building a callous to protect my heart, or am I acting like a child of the most high God? 

No comments: