I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6.18.14

1 Kings 19:11-13 "Go out and stand before me on the mountain." the Lord told Him. and as Elijah stood there, the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

And a voice said, "what are you dong here Elijah?"

My Thoughts
Wow! How often do we want God to come out mighty and powerful, when He is whispering to is exactly what we need to do in the mist of our problems?  How often in the mist of troubles do we forget what power there is in God's words?  How often do we forget that He spoke and the earth was formed? How often do we forget that if He speaks and tells us what He wants us to do and we act on those words, His power is in the whispering? And if we act on those whispers mountains can be moved without mighty winds, or earthquakes or fires. 




No comments: