I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6.11.14

1 Kings 8:20a And now The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, 

My Thoughts
I love this! God has so many promises in the Bible for us. He tells us so many times if we do this then He will do this for us. The more of those promises we know the more we can draw on the knowledge that God has kept His promises in our lives. And the more we become aware of the promises kept by
God in our lives the more we can give over to God because we know that He does and he will take care of us. The more we depend on God the better our lives become. God does fulfill His promises to is, but if we don't know what those promises are we will miss out on the knowledge of how much He loves us.

As I read my Bible and discover promises that I didn't know were there I get so excited! It is like finding the best treasures in a treasure hunt. I know that knowing this promise will be life changing, because with each promise I discover my life changes in amazing ways. So often too I need to be reminded of God's promises in my life so that I can make wise choices. All of these things I can discover and rediscover by reading God's word. The more time I spend in God's word the more I am able to draw on what He has for me, for my life.

We are so blessed to be able to pick up our Bibles and learn, we need never to take that blessing for granted.

No comments: