I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6.17.14

1 Kings 18:1 & 42-46 1. Later on, in the third year of the drought, The Lord said to Elijah, "Go and present yourself to King Ahab. tell him I will soon send rain!"

42-46 so Ahab went to eat and drink. but Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and Bowden low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees.

Then he said to his servant, "Go and look out toward the sea."

The servant went and looked, then returned to Elijah and said, "I didn't see anything." 

Seven times Elijah told him to go and look. Finally the seventh time the servant told him, "I saw a little rain cloud about the size of a man's fist rising from the sea."

Then Elijah shouted, "Hurry to Ahab and tell him, "Climb into your chariot and go back home. If you don't hurry the rain will stop you,"

And soon the sky was black with clouds. A heavy wind brought a terrific rainstorm, and Ahab left quickly for Israel. Then the Lord gave a special strength to Elijah. he tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab's chariot all the way to the entrance of Jazreel.

My Thoughts
In verse one God had told Elijah that He was sending the rain, in verse 46 Elijah knowing what God said still prayed for rain. He called down what God had promised. The Bible is full of God's promises to us but we need to do like Elijah did and call those promises down. 

Next in this story it looked like the rain God was sending was only a tiny amount, all they saw was a small rain cloud. But for Elijah it was confirmation that God was moving and Elijah knew that God moves in mighty ways!  All Elijah's servant saw was a tiny rain cloud, but Elijah told Ahab to hurry or he would be stopped by the rain. A terrific rain!

I think my lesson from this is when I see God moving, even though I only see the tiniest movement, the blessings are coming in a big way. I need to thank God at that moment for His answer to my prayers, enjoy life so I can be productive, and know God has my situation in His hands! 

This story today, although I have read it several times, spoke so much into my life. God is good. 

No comments: