I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, March 6, 2010

3.6.10

Mark 12:43-44 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions.  For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is has given everything she had to live on."

My Thoughts

It says too in 2 Corinthians 9:7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give.  And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure.."For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." I picture the people in the story from Mark taking time that morning before going to the Temple going through their money... the rich counting their money saying is that my 10 %...and recounting again and again to make sure it wasn't more... and the woman as poor as she was going to her cookie jar and saying to herself  "Now what can I give God... I can give him this..oh and look there is another dollar that I don't need for bills I will give him that too!"... think of it this way..when you ask your spouse to do something for you and they get up and huff and moan ...you think and even say  "forget it I will do it myself!!... and if they get up and sing while the are busy with your request you feel so loved!"...it's no wonder God wants us to give to him...and others with a loving spirit .God is watching down he know when times are hard...when we are doing all we can... he knows when we give if we are giving what we want to give or what we think we have to give... Remember God know what we have to give... he is the one that gave it to us... by giving us the ability and opportunity to work for what we have... so next time you give to God.... or you give to a person in need (because that is giving to God too)... when you count out your money make sure you are giving with a cheerful heart... if you feel the need to hang on to one of those dollars keep it... if you find an extra dollar to give and  you feel good about giving it...good... but always give with a cheerful heart!.... always make God feel loved when you give to him.

No comments: