I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 29, 2010

3.29.10

Luke 8:39 "No, go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you."

My Thoughts

Another Wow moment here for me!!... I have so many reading my Bible each day... I am learning so much... and sharing what I learn makes me really reflect and think... sharing a bit of what I read each day has so helped me grow in God.... so thank you so much!!... This verse really struck me... how often do we tell our family what God has done for us.... I hear preacher talk about what God has done for us... we sometimes hear it in Sunday School... but how often do we tell our husband when he comes in the door what God did for us that day??... just think how different we would feel about life if we took time to tell our families about what God did for us... we tell our kids sometimes when they are little things like God made those flowers, God made the rainbow, God made the birds, but do we take time to say this is what God did for me today...what did God do for you??.... We would change not only our own lives but the lives of our spouses, the lives of our children, the lives of our friends if we took time to say... this is what God did for me today!!... Today just this morning I can say: "God gave me a wonderful husband that watches over me, a husband that I love more each day... how lucky am I!!...God gave me a beautiful daughter, that is so so smart, that grew up to be responsible, and kind, that works hard and tries her very best at everything she does and I am so luck to have her, God made her my friend and I love her with all my heart!... God gave me a wonderful son that shows me all the time how to be a better person, that enjoys life and brightens the day of everybody he meets, and I love him with all my heart....God gave me a home to feel safe in and a place to cozy up and snuggle in...and I love to do that.... God gave me my animals that love me no matter!!... God gave me a chance to know that I don't have much time with my mother... so I can take time to enjoy that I am getting to spend time with her..... God gave me my daddy back and I am loving that.... God gave me Corn Fritter Casserole and that is the best stuff ever to ear....God gave me a husband that would call home just to tell me a story about an Owl he saw this morning because he knows I love owls... God gave me a gloomy day that will help me rest... God gave me friends that I am going to get to spend time with today!!!... God gave ma a card to make and that just brings me joy..... and the list can go on and on and its not even 9am...and if we told our family everyday what God did for us that day, we would always include them and the love we have for them.....just think what that would do for their day... remember this verse!! put it in your heart and tell your family every day what God has done for you!!
Hugs,
Jeannie

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

This is such an awesome verse. And your thoughts on it are wonderful. It is so true how it can change your life and that of those you share with. I do tell my kids and friends and family what God does for me, but not on a daily basis, which I should do. I know when a problem is taken care of, or something great or good happens I give God the glory. My kids are not strong walkers in Christ, my oldest even stopped believing for awhile because of my illnesses. But, as I share with him what God has done for me, even the fact that God did not give this stuff to me, but he uses it to help others.. and it's not even about me, it helps him to grow in his love for God. When they tell me things that happen to them, I also point out what God is doing in their lives. It helps them to stop and ponder that. Then they too give God glory which is sooo awesome. I could say so much of what God is doing in my life today. But I"ve gone on forever all ready, so I will say but one thing. God has brought us together, to be in each others hearts and prayers, and has given me this place to come and hear more of his word for more food for the day. Fresh Mana is soooo tastey. So I thank you for being used by God and being obedient in this blog. And I thank God for you. Big Hugs and so much love.

Shelley