I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, October 9, 2014

9.9.14

Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

My Thoughts
I love that I came across this verse in the middle of a Lupus flair. A reminder that this flair will pass. God is here, with plans for a future for me, one with hope. God is our hope. We often think of the word prosper as a finical thing. But the first definition of prosper is flourish physically, grow strong and healthy. Don't you just love that! 

Each time that I have a flair, the moment that I realize that I can no longer ignore the truth that I am for sue in the middle of a flair, my first thought is, "God brought me through the last flair He will bring me through this one." Now I will think, "God has plans to prosper me!"   

The fact is, I have Lupus. In the mist of pain in my joints and muscles, my hair falling coming out by the handfulls, pleurisy in both my lungs, exhaustion upon waking like I have worked hard labor for the last 24 hours. In the mist of struggling to get out of bed, needing rest but being unable to sleep good. In the mist of crying at the least amount of happy, sad, stress because any emotion is a bit overwhelming I can't overlook that fact. There is just no way to ignore it. But in that very mist I know that the TRUTH on that is this, MY GOD IS BIGGER, MY GOD IS STRONGER. I know this without a doubt. It is that fact that gets me through to the other side. 

If you see my cry, don't mistake those tears as weakness,as giving in or giving up. So often when you see me cry in the mist of a Lupus flair it is because I a sewing God in every detail. I am seeing Him in the tiniest details and my emotions are in overdrive. My tears are more often than not at these times from being overwhelmed that God loves me so very much. I can sit in the room of my family or among my dearest friends and become overwhelmed with such joy in the fact that God places me amount such love. They are not tears of me giving into sickness, they are tears of me giving way to great joy of God being in every detail as He carries me through to the other side. 

No comments: