I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, October 22, 2014

10.22.14

Psalms 90:15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good.

My Thoughts
I love this verse. We have had so much going in the last few of months. It is one of those times where you wonder how things got so hard. How it shouldn't be, but somehow everything is.  It's nothing that so many people don't face themselves but it seems to have just piled up all together. I am in a Lupus flair that just hangs on. My dad is facing yet another back surgery and my brother is having surgery next week and my husband the next. It has all overwhelmed me a bit.

Then today I read this verse. I thought of how gracious, how generous God is, that I can ask for gladness in proportion to my misery. I just need to be in God's will, and ask. I have asked for that gladness this morning...and I have joy in knowing that God answers our prayers when they line up with His word. One of my favorite things I have learned is that the angels understand God's word and His word sends them into action.

I have written this one down, so I can use it to call down gladness.

No comments: