I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 30, 2013

11.30.13

Daniel 6:4-5 Then the other administrators and high officers began searching for some fault in the way Daniel was handling government affairs, but they couldn't find anything to criticize or condemn.  He was faithful, always responsible, and completely trustworthy.  So the concluded, "Our only chance of finding grounds for accusing Daniel will be in connection with the rules of his religion."

My Thoughts
Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.  This is what Daniel did... He worked just as if he were working for God and the people administrators and high offers no matter how much they searched could not find fault with Daniel.  We should live our lives in such a way.  And when we are talked about because we are "religious fanatics" we should ware it as a badge of honor.  Once people start attacking our religion because that is all that they can find fault with, we have done good.

On the flip side of that we never, ever want to be called a "religious fanatic" if we are always using our religion to put down others, or as an excuse not to act in a loving manner. We can only ware the title of "religious fanatic" proud if we are acting in love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 tells us exactly what love is and how to act in love... it says, Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud  or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

If we believe that Jesus is the Son of God,  if we work like we are working for God, and if we act in love... we too could face a lions den with confidence like Daniel did. 

No comments: