I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11.12.13

Hebrews 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith.  Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

My Thoughts
I love this...we must believe that God has good things in store for us!!  I have heard of people being criticized for saying, "If I do this God will reward me."  Treated like they were in "it" for the rewards.  Here we are told that we are to believe that God will reward us.  And the Bible is filled with promises of rewards!  There are all kinds of "if and then" statements in God's word.  Because Sarah believed that God would give her a child, even though she was too old, Sarah had a child.  But we have to believe in order for God to give us His promises.

In  Isaiah 30:18 it tells us that the Lord must wait for us to come to Him. For the Lord is a faithful God.  Matthew 16:19 says, "I give you the keys to the Kingdom. Whatever you bind up on earth is bound up in Heaven and what ever you loose on earth is loose in Heaven.    God waits for us to show our faith by asking with faith ...then he acts on what we ask for.  It was just recently that I "got it" when it said, "I give you the keys to the Kingdom." We have them, God gives them to us.. WE have to use what God has given us and WE have to open our mouths in faith. 

You might ask me how I know this to be true... I can tell you because I am living proof!  I lived with Lupus and Fybromylgia for 12+ year.. not sure how many + years I had...but I was told 12 years ago that I had Lupus, then Fybromylgia followed.  Then God gave me these two verse... first Isiah 30:18 just before I went off to retreat, and Matthew 16:19 once I got there.  I started using MY keys to God's Kingdom... binding up sickness and pain and calling down healing and restoration... 10 days later I woke up and was drying my hair, getting ready for Church and I knew, that I knew, that I knew that I felt healthy...not sick on a really good day, but healthy!!  I finally learned how to sincerely seek after God and all the rewards that He promises me!!

Please, please believe in the wonderful rewards of God. If you do... on there are so many wonderful things in store for you life... wonderful things. 

No comments: