I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 4, 2012

7.7.12

1 John 5:14-15 (Amplified Bible)
14 And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us.
15 And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

My Thoughts
We can ask God anything, according to His will and He will hear us and answer us. This is important to know.. so often we hear that we can ask God for anything and get it...then people ask for things that are not in line with what God wants for our lives or for the lives of the people around us. We need to know God's word so that we can know what to ask for.  God is all about making our lives better... but God does it His way, not our way... which is really what is best for us!  We have such power over our lives when we know God's word...there are so many promises written in the Bible... things that God wants to give us and do for us...all we have to do is ask!  But if we don't know what those promises are we miss out on so much.  The more of God's promises I know...the more I ask for... the better my life gets.  Our part, and we always have a part, is to get to know God's word. When we now God's word the possibilities in our lives are limitless!!

No comments: