I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7.21.12

Romans 14:17-18 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and other will approve of you too.

My Thoughts
I love that God put all the answers in the Bible..there are there for us...the answers for everything!!  I love this verse because I am a people pleaser.... I am always, for some unknown reason in need of the approvals of others. Right here God tells me how to please Him and get approval of others... I just have to live a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.  If I go about being good and keeping peace and finding joy in the Holy Spirit, which is easy if I let the Holy Spirit guide me, then God will be pleased with me and people will approve of me too!! I love God, even if somebody doesn't want to approve of me, God will soften their hearts toward me if I am doing what God ask!! Right here in God's word I have the answer to my people pleasing problems... Please God by being good and being a peacemaker, by by listening joyfully to the Holy Spirit and then God takes care of the rest!! 

God always wants to bless our lives, always!!  When we do what God ask us to do we put ourselves in a position for God to pour those blessing down from heaven until they are overflowing in our lives!!  We are so lucky to be children of the Most High God!!   

No comments: