I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, May 18, 2012

5.18.12

Proverbs 15:19 A lazy person's way is blocked with briers, but the pat of the upright is an open highway.

My Thoughts
I have always understand this verse in the physical sense. It was easy to understand that... I mean if you plant a garden and don't weed it...it is much, much harder to get through it to get to the fruit...if it doesn't choke out the fruit!!  This time I read it and understood it spiritually!!  You may be going "well duh!!." But, knowing it in your head and that information dropping down into your heart are two different things...sometimes you just feel it leave your head and drop right down into your heart!

I love reading through the Bible again and again... as I grow God shows me more!!  Each time I read through the Bible I find something that I didn't see before.. God tells us He will do that for us in James 1:5. I love when it happens.

What I know now is that if I don't take time for God's word..it won't become a part of me... it will be there deep but will be hidden and hard to get to... all of that worldly knowledge will get it the way and crowd it out.  Just like we might give up on that beautiful piece of corn that is just beyond our reach if we haven't cut away the briers before they grew so tall....we often can't find God's wisdom in our hearts when we need it most if we don't keep it fresh in our minds.  We can only do this by taking time...even when it seems too hard.. to read God's word. So many things we hear the first time and they sound good... then we hear them the second time and we say "Oh! I remember reading that!".... it takes time after time after time to become a part of what we remember.

I see it kind of like a Rolodex.. one that is so full!!...the first time we read it we put it in our Rolodex... it is there somewhere...but we not sure what we posted it under...so we can't find it in the middle of all those business cards that are not useful and in the way... but as we keep reading it...we keep putting it in new places...then one day it is under all the letter of the alphabet in our Rolodex..and we can't help but stumble over it...we can't forget it because it is always there...even in the middle of all that other stuff...no matter where we are looking there is what we need.

The only way God's word is in every part of our "Rolodex" is if we take the time to hear it, read it, understand it...over and over and over..then one day we have seen it so much it becomes a part of us...it is always there...we dial it without thinking... like a piece of corn in a weeded garden it is easy to get to...so we use it!!  But the only way that can happen is if we do the work it takes to make God's word a part of who we are...that takes time and effort...even when we think we don't have time!!.

No comments: