I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 10, 2012

5.10.12

John 6:27 But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you.  For God the Father had given me the seal of his approval."

My Thoughts
If we are not to be concerned about food... the most essential thing in life to keep us alive...then we sure don't need to be concerned about anything else.  God knows all our needs!!  Every single one of them..from what we need to eat... to the fact that we enjoy being entertained...and all the things in between!  If we spend our energy and time seeking God, seeking Jesus... Spending time with God... then everything else will fall right into place!! The minute we start spending time worrying, you know that worry I am talking about...the kind where you can't do anything else...you just pace and worry... that is when we need to pick up our Bible and seek after God... start reading His word out loud to Him... then everything else will fall right into line.  Worry doesn't change a thing!!  Pray does, seeking God in His word does, praise and thanks changes things...but worry, worry is a useless energy zapper.  That first inkling of worry that we feel should be our reminder to pick up God's word and start seeking after him!! Worry...that is spent energy with no return... seeking after the Son of Man that is spent energy with return greater than anything we can even hope to imagine!!

God is constantly telling me "Jeannie, worry is useless!  Just come and find me!" I am getting better little by little!!.. I just have to keep on keeping on!!!  Thank you Dearest God for this message!!

No comments: