I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2.8.12

Matthew 25:14-15 Again, I say the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.  He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last -- dividing it in proportion to their abilities, He then left on his trip.

My Thoughts
God has giving each of us what we can use wisely, what we can handle.  God knows what our abilities are. God doesn't hold things back from us because he does not love us. God holds things back from us because we are not ready yet for more. God does not want us to be overwhelmed so He gives us just enough.  When we do good with what He has given us... when we learn what we need to learn to grow... God gives us more.  If we find ourselves stuck in life... we can go to God and ask "God, how have I failed to use what you have given me?" Then we can listen for the answer and improve.... as we improve, as we grow, as we change into the people God wants us to be ... we become more able to be in-trusted with more of what God has in store for us.  God only holds back from us because He loves us so much.... we have a part to do, our part is to learn to use what God has given us so far.... then God will shower us with more of his wonderful blessings!!

No comments: