I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 26, 2011

11.26.11

1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.

My Thoughts
I love this!!... Love covers a multitude of sins!!  We need to love each other.... do things for each other in love! I read this and got this picture of God on judgment day... saying "My dear son, I saw you cheat,  I saw you lie, I saw steal." The sinner with his head held down trembling and afraid. Then I pictured God taking that sinners shamed face in his hands.... pulling it up so that God could look in his eyes and God saying "But, my son you loved your fellow man... you fed your neighbor, you were kind to strangers in the street, you encouraged people.. YOU loved people! Welcome to my home."

1 Corinthians 13:13 says that three things will last forever faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love. In Mark 12:30-31 Jesus tells us  And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” We are called to love... love does amazing things! Love changes everything.... when love is given to babies that have been neglected they begin to thrive. People that live alone that have pets to love and to love them live longer than people that live alone without a pet. Love is a powerful, powerful thing... love even covers a multitude of sins.

We we spend time loving only ourselves love stops... it does not even grow... 1 x 1 only equals one... but when we love others... and they love others.... love grows expediently.  What if love covers sins expediently? The wonderful thing about love is that love grows out in all directions... when we send love out it comes back. We are called to love... who will you show love to today?

No comments: