I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 21, 2011

11.21.11

Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your words in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

My Thoughts
God's words have to be a part of our heart and soul!  It is not enough that they are not a part of our head... they have to drop down into our heart.  The devil loves to get into our minds... when God's word is only in our minds the devil can take those words and twist them and turn them... he can make us question them...but once they become a part of our heart they are save, they become an actual part of us. The thing is we have to do our part and learn God's word before we can make it a part of our heart. Psalms 1:2 says they delight in the law of the Lord meditating on it day and night.  We need to learn to delight in God's word... to enjoy it, to think on it... we need to make sure that we understand it...that way it does become a part of our heart and soul.

So many decisions we make have to be made in an instant... So often we don't have time to think about what is the right thing or the wrong thing to do... if we have put God word in our heart.. if we have made sure that God's word is a part of us... if we have truly hidden it deep inside of us those decisions will be covered by what God has taught us.

All that is good comes from God...God's word will never steer us in the wrong direction. When we know God's word we can never confuse what the Holy Spirit is telling us with what the devil is trying to deceive us with.  God's word is our sword against evil...it is our instruction on how to be good.  God's word will keep us from sin. God's word, when hidden in our heart, will change our lives in amazing ways...and when it does God will smile down on us pouring out his blessings on our lives.  

No comments: