I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, November 12, 2010

11.12.10

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

My Thoughts
God wants us to feel safe and secure... God wants us to have hope about our future, God cares about our our comings and goings (Psalms 121:8)... when we learn to have faith that God will do what he promises...that God will take care of our day and our tomorrow ... that faith can change our lives... it can free us to be all that we can be... faith in God and his promises can keep worries from robbing us of our today's because we can't keep our mind off of our tomorrows... God wants you to have faith in him... and he will help you do this if you just reach out to him and tell him... "God I have put my faith in people and they have failed me, it makes it hard for me to put my faith in you... please teach me to have faith in your promises."... God will hear you and help you! 

I make cards... I love making cards...and God used those cards to show me that I could trust in him... that I could ask him for things and he would answer those prayers... One day I prayed for to have a good card idea and to be able to make it really pretty.... I went home from work that day and made a card... the best one I had made to that point....and each day I wanted to make a new card I would pray again...and again I would have a pretty card... I got better and better at card making... well I begin to understand if God cared about my cards.. he cared even more about my soul, my work, my health, my relationships... God helped me to understand I could have faith in all of his Promises through my cards... so if you have trouble having faith pick something... let God show you!

No comments: