I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, November 1, 2010

11.1.10

Hebrews 3:14 For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

My Thoughts
When Jesus walked this earth he was very busy... people were always around him...he had much too do... yet he still made time to be alone with God... when we first get excited about God we talk to him all the time... we try to learn all that we need to know... often we get busy and then we quit making time for God... we loose the excitement we started with... but we need to stay grounded in God's word... we need to be like Jesus and stay in constant contact with God... asking him for his guidance in all that we do!... the only way to be like the seed that grows strong is to make time for God to read his word, to listen to his instruction... to talk to God so much that we are always, always aware when he is talking to us.. that way we won't miss an opportunity to do God's work.. Jesus always knew when God was talking to him... we can be like that if we stay as aware of God's presence as Jesus was... we can "share all that belongs to Christ" if we make that effort... Jesus walked on this earth as a man... he had the same struggles as we do... Jesus overcame these struggles because he was so totally and fully aware of God's Grace... of the strength God would give him... we just need to stay strong and faithful to God.... it is amazing what you can accomplish if you put God first... so often we don't think we have time for reading our Bible...our day is already so full... but God will take over if you make time for him...we will be able to accomplish infinitely more than we might think to ask (Ephesians 3:20) if we put God in control... if we take time for God each day his mighty power will work within us... when we take time for God it creates time... with God in control doors will be opened... when we take time for God we are able to make wiser choices... we are stronger... I want to share in all that belongs to Jesus... to do this I have to make time for God... put God in your appointment book today...not in pencil...in ink so that that the time you plan to spend with God can not be changed!... and watch your life be changed in amazing way!

No comments: