I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5.25.10

John 14:27 (Jesus said) "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.

My Thoughts
Jesus leave this gift to the people who love him!... and in John 14:23 Jesus said "All who love me will do what I say.  My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. I can say what I am about to say because I have done this for such a large part of my  life so I have lived without the peace of mind and heart... I really didn't know how to find the peace of mind and heart... but if you don't have peace of mind and heart you have moved away from God...he is there at the crossroads waiting for you to come back to Him... if you walk around today without peace of mind and heart stop and take time for Jesus, take time for God...it says "all who love me will do what I say".. God ask us to grow in wisdom... we do that only by spending time in His word each and every day.... spending time in prayer... I can tell you by my own experience since January that God does great things for you peace of mind and heart when you spend time with Him...and as you grow in wisdom you grow in so many other ways... we can only do what Jesus says if we know what Jesus said... I was always trying to be a good, sweet kind person... but that is not all that Jesus ask of me...and the only way for me to know what God wants in my life is to spend time with him finding out.... I have always been a really anxious person... since I as a little, little girl... I didn't even know you could go through a day without some form of anxiety... I now have a peace that passes all understanding... when I do have an anxious moment I remember that God is in control and I stop and say a prayer and give it to God... sometimes I take it right back... but then I give it right back to God.... and when I do I become calm again... it is so absolutely amazing... so if you don't have peace but do love God...show God that you love him by doing what he ask... and stand back and wait to be totally amazed!
hugs
Jeannie

No comments: