I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 22, 2010

4.22.10

Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.

My Thoughts

God is always telling us to seek wisdom... wisdom for prayer with Him... wisdom from reading His word... and wisdom from people who walk in faith with God... we all get different things from God's word... and if we spend time with others who do this our knowledge of God's plans can double!!... and we will grow wiser and wiser... and the more we understand about all of God's promises... the more we will love God the more we will want to walk in his word!!.... We should be kind and loving to others, not judgmental of others, we should have conversations with others... we should show patience and kindness to others... but we need to be cautious and not slip into wanting acceptance from people that are doing things that could compromise our ability to walk with God... when we let just a little wrong in our lives we open the door for the devil to convince that wrong is ok!!.... we need to be strong enough as Christians to set boundaries for ourselves that keep us in line with God's plan for our lives... and we need to do this in a way that does not put a wall between us and people that need to know how much God loves them....we need to seek out friends that love us enough to help us with our walk with God ... and we need to be the kind of person that other see as loving, kind, forgiving, joyful, not rude or selfish... we need people to see God in us through kindness and love so that they will want what we have... and fellowship with people that make us wiser in God's plan will help our light for God to shine brighter!

No comments: