I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6.12.13

Psalm 130:5 I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him.  I have put my hope in his word.
 
My Thoughts
Look... David put his hope in God's word.  How can we have hope if we don't know God's word??  There is so much of it to know.  God even tells us to renew our minds (Romans 12:2).  God's word has the answers...we just have to spend time in God's word. But, we can not wait until we are in such need to go searching, then we will just get confused!   If we read and learn God's word in our every day life then when we are in need of hope God's word comes to us and we find hope. 
 
I have said that I have hardly had anxiety since not long after I started reading my Bible daily.  Recently I had a bout with anxiety.  It took me so off guard that I felt panic and the thought of living with anxiety again.  Instead of focusing on what God's word tells me I zeroed in on being anxious and it got worse and worse... silly me let this go on for about 10 days!!!  Then I said, "I will not let the devil do this to me!!  God's word tells me that my hope is in Him.  God's word tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God's word tells me to be anxious for nothing but by prayer make my request be known to God."  So I started just sending up thank you's to God.  That is all I could do at first.  Then I kept telling myself what God's word tells me.  And within the hour my anxiety went from about a 10 to about a 4...by the next morning it was gone and has not come back!!  Why because I quit fearing my anxiety and I put my hope in God and what His word tells me. 
 
I beg of you, if you suffer any anxiety or panic, to pick up a Bible that you can easily read...and read it every day.  Don't give up..it took me about 3 months of reading daily...then my life started changing by leaps and bounds!!  

No comments: