I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hebrews 10:1-2 The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves.  The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship.  If they could have provided perfect cleansing, the sacrifices would have stopped, for the worshipers would have been purified once for all time, and their feelings of guilt would have disappeared.
 
My Thoughts
Oh wow... I love this.. just love it!!!  Jesus is the new law... He died once and cleansed us from all of our sins, every single one of them!! And look at this part, it is so important, "their feelings of guilt would have disappeared."  God does not want us to feel guilty!!  Did you hear that??? It is so important, I will repeat it again... God does not want us to feel guilty!!!   In verse 12 of this same chapter it says this "Then He says, 'I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.'"
 
Our part is to go to God when we mess up, and say (and mean it!), "Please forgive me I have sinned, I have messed up."  Then we are suppose to move forward and do our best to do better.
 
What I have come to understand is that guilt comes for Satin... he loves to make us feel guilty. When we feel guilty we act in all sorts of ways... some of them hurt us and some of them hurt others.  Guilt can make us withdraw from the world, or react in anger. Guilt can keep us from people we love.  When I wallered in guilt I become completely useless, I get filled with anxiety and become immobile completely incapable of doing me or anybody else any good at all.  That is not from God... guilt is not from God.
 
When God sent Jesus, Jesus removed our sins and our guilt.  God convicts us.. to remind us that we are about to do wrong or that we are doing wrong..but as soon as we confess God forgives us and never again remembers our sins or lawless deeds!!  God, Himself says, "I will never again remember their sins or lawless deeds." If God does not remember what we did wrong, God can not make us feel guilt for our past wrongs. 
 
When Satin comes along and tries to use guilt to keep stopped in our tracks  he does it so we can't do good. Or he uses guilt to make us act out in anger... or make us think only of ourselves.  All we have to do is use God word to send him on his evil way!!  We can say that God does not remember my sin!!  God has forgiven me...I am right with God!!  Those very words can work wonders over our lives.
 
After my mother died I was feeling guilty one day, thinking there was so much more I could have done for her.  Right there in that moment God dropped this into my heart, "When you waste time worrying about the things you didn't know how to do you can't become the person you are meant to be." 
 
We are suppose to learn and grow in wisdom... moving forward all the time.... doing our best to be better and better at being a child of the most high God. God knows that we have to grow!!  Lets not waste time in guilt.... lets not accept that burden that the devil himself places on us and accept that wonderful love and forgiveness that God give us, so that we can become the people that God intends for us to be!!

No comments: